Thursday, December 3, 2009

Compare and Contrast


Comparing Coral Reefs and Rocky Shores


Coral Reefs
When I went snorkeling in Waikiki, Hawaii I experienced snorkeling I got to see many different kinds of fish such as butterfly fish, Red Sea Banner fish, clown Fish and many more! The experience was amazing and I got to see the sea turtles and all different colors of color reefs. Since I was in Hawaii I was in the Tropical waters so the water was very nice, warm, and clear. While snorkeling I saw a bigger variety of organisms.


Rocky shores
When we went to the Rocky Shores it was a really cool experience. We didn’t see a lot of fish because we were along the shores but we did see barnacles, Star fish, sea snails, and we think either a sting ray or maybe a sunfish! While walking along the beach we found many shells and a lot of sand dollars! we also bumped into big huge pile of sea weed! The water was very different from snorkeling it wasn’t warm at all, since we were on the California
coast the water was a lot colder!

No comments:

Post a Comment